Sunday, August 23, 2009

Pillowy Peach Cake - using peaches BEYOND cobbler & pie...





I’m always up for a new way to use peaches every year. Pies and cobblers are always a good choice, but fresh peaches nestled in a moist buttery cake is fun for a change. The topping comes from the same dough as the crust, and it billows up nicely with the peaches peeking through. The turbinado sugar dusting gives it a sparkly coating.

I’ve had my eye on the peach trees around here for a while now, and when I spied some really beautiful ones at the grocery store - I couldn’t resist... Peach season is just barely beginning around here and I’m definitely ready.

This recipe for “Stone Fruit Tea Cake” I discovered on recipegal.com - and it reminded me of fruit peeking out from under a pile of pillows. I made it for one of three reunions I had yesterday (we definitely ate well that day!) I’m sure it would be delicious fresh out of the oven, but by the time I set it out on the buffet table it had cooled considerably (even though it was 101 here and we were as hot as the food!) Next time I make this we will have it with a scoop of ice cream.

For this recipe, links, and photos - go to:
www.changeabletable.com ("full house" tab)

No comments:

Post a Comment