Friday, July 17, 2009

Fresh Blueberry Sweet Rolls - mmm...





I don’t know why I’ve never thought of combining blueberries and cinnamon... what a novel idea! The flavors compliment each other so well. These rolls are soft and pillowy, and finding the cache of cinnamon-blueberry fruitiness is such a nice surprise in each bite. I honestly can’t even imagine a normal cinnamon roll again.

This is a "night before" recipe, and it was so convenient popping them into the oven for hot rolls for breakfast, without having to shape them first. I wonder if these would be as wonderful with frozen blueberries, and I’ve decided I won’t try that until winter - when we all dream of fresh fruit. As long as you press them into the dough while still frozen, I can’t imagine it not working. It may produce a little more juice this way though - which can’t be a bad thing!?

These are best served a few hours after baking - which allows the berries to get juicy and release that beautiful blue/red juice into the rolls. When the cinnamon/blueberry juice combines with the icing, they are irresistible!

For the recipe, detailed photo instructions, and links - go to:
www.changeabletable.com ("full house")

4 comments:

  1. These look amazing! If they have blueberries they are healthy - right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course! (I like your outlook on this...) I was feeling pretty miserly taking out half the butter though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh good grief! These sound so amazing. I must make these! Thanks for sharing. Love your blog and I'm following!
    Enjoy your weekend, Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mouth is watering just reading about these! They are on my "to make" list! Aryn told me about your blog...and she was right; it is full of great recipes! Thanks!

    -Alyssa

    ReplyDelete