Saturday, July 18, 2009

"As Much As You Want" Vegetable Soup - a guiltless indulgence...





I thought of this soup today when I brought in an armload of zucchini and beans from my garden. I used to watch my mother make this soup often when she belonged to Weight Watchers. One day, the aroma really appealed to me and I decided to try it. I really do like it, and it meets all the qualifications for a dieter (no fat, lots of fiber, etc...) Hot soup on a hot summer’s day? Why not...

This is one version of the 0 point weight watchers soup you can eat as much of as you like. It is addicting, filling, and really helps you shed some of those extra pounds from all the good summertime eating we’ve all been doing. I find when I have this for lunch, I’m not craving all those extra munchies that are so tempting.

But I do find that if I have this every single day - I can only enjoy it for about two weeks. The amounts given in this recipe seem to be hardly worth the effort. I doubled it, and have a nice container I can enjoy for a few weeks. Since there is no meat or dairy, it keeps much longer than a standard soup. I’m also going to try using my garden tomatoes in place of the tomato paste next time I make this. I should have a bunch of tomatoes by then...

For the recipe & step-by-step photos, go to:
www.changeabletable.com ("empty nest" tab)

No comments:

Post a Comment