Wednesday, July 15, 2009

DOUBLE Chocolate Muffins - why not have dessert for breakfast!?





Somehow muffins are often disguised as breakfast food, when - in reality - they are unashamedly dessert! So when you get a hankering for dessert for breakfast - this is a good place to start... Chocolate is a good way to start my day occasionally, as long as I don’t make a habit of it... That’s why I freeze all but two of these, and bring them out one at a time when I feel like I deserve it. Moist, and just rich enough - with an occasional burst of real chocolate... You’ll love these.

I usually save my chocolate-for-breakfast indulgence for when I give in and buy the big, fat, Costco chocolate muffins. But buying an entire dozen at a time seems like overkill - while getting a combo pack gives you just three or four (not nearly enough!) This may be the solution to the problem. They can be baked as standard-size (which is the safe way to do it) or as jumbo muffins (a much more dangerous option). They freeze well, which helps me resist the urge to finish the entire batch. I've included the source in the link below for the recipe I adapted...

For this recipe, step-by-step photos, and instructions - go to:
www.changeabletable.com ("empty nest" tab)

No comments:

Post a Comment