Saturday, May 6, 2017

Turkish Red Lentil Soup


About a month ago I returned from a once-in-a-lifetime trip to Turkey & Greece.  Everywhere we went, they had the most comforting Lentil Soup.  Since I've come home, I can't get it out of my mind - so of course I had to find a recipe that was at least close to what I remembered. 



Before this, whenever I heard the word "Lentil" - I immediately lost interest.  But this soup changed that.  Of course, it could have been the location - that always helps.  But this is just as delicious as I remember.  Two things make it stand out:  smoked paprika (Spanish paprika is OK, but the smoky flavor is outstanding) & fresh squeezed lemon juice.  Be sure to check out the Turkish way to squeeze fresh lemon juice - without seeds.  


No comments:

Post a Comment