Thursday, December 9, 2010

Spinach Artichoke Dip



This is quite possibly one of the most frequently ordered appetizers at any given restaurant as of late.  There are so many versions out there, but this one has just a touch of heat with roasted red pepper flakes.  It is divine on thinly sliced baguette bread, and it is equally delicious on your favorite cracker.

Whenever we order this at a restaurant, it is devoured on the spot.  So when I needed an appetizer for a party last week, I searched for a good recipe.  You can’t go wrong with anything on annies-eats.com, so I gave this one a try.  

It is perfectly delicious, and I think one reason is that you add roasted garlic.  (Do I dare admit that I’ve never roasted garlic before?)  It took an extra half hour for this step, but it added such a unique flavor - it was worth the delay.

Next time I’ll cut the roasted red pepper flakes in half.  It was a bit too pronounced for my tastes, but judge accordingly for your own use.  I also found it baked up nicely without the additional grated parmesan on top.  Although tasty, it made it more prone to burning.  Next time I would I would sprinkle it on in the last few minutes of bake time.  

For the recipe, along with step-by-step photos - go to:

No comments:

Post a Comment