Saturday, August 7, 2010

Olive Cheese Rounds - makes a lot (or not)



Pioneer Woman’s (now immortalized) Olive Cheese Bread recipe is a great one for keeping on hand in the refrigerator.  I found that I love it on sliced baguette rounds.  I can prepare just enough for myself, or a plate full for company.  These don’t necessarily have to be served hot - they’re really good chilled also.


This is one of those recipes that is safe to prepare for just about any size crowd.  The cheesy topping with the contrast of tart green and mellow black olives takes on even more personality when mayo and green onions join the mixture.

I’ve seen this recipe featured on several food sites, and it really IS everything it claims to be.  I first tried it on split french bread, but I much prefer it on a chewy baguette.  

Cutting a large loaf of cheesy-topped french bread into serving-size slices while hot can really makes a mess.  Having the bread base in bite-size portions is so much more convenient.  Topping a baguette cut into 3” slices also works, which makes for larger servings.

These cheesy little rounds are the perfect appetizer.  Serve with soups, salads - just about anything.  It's also excellent served warm (or cold) as a dip with crackers.

For photos and detailed recipe, go to:

No comments:

Post a Comment