Sunday, June 21, 2009

Superb Salisbury Steak - for your MEAT & POTATOES men...





I am posting this recipe in honor of Fathers Day... Most of the men in my life are like the men in YOUR lives... they prefer MEAT & POTATOES! I truly miss my husband (gone seven years now) and my own father (gone less than a year) - but making the recipes they loved brings back pleasant memories on a day like today.

Salisbury steak is one of those 70’s comfort foods that have almost disappeared in recent years. I’ve searched for a recipe often, but they never quite measured up. This adjusted version is quick, simple, and satisfying. I’ve changed several of the proportions in this “sweeping the internet” recipe for less salt and a milder flavor.

I must get my craving for Salisbury Steak from only getting to have this “special” main dish in TV dinners during the 60’s and 70’s. My mother rarely purchased these new-fangled fast foods, and when she did - she saved the containers to make her own. The photos on the boxes always looked so tempting... This make-it-yourself version makes you look amazing! You’ll love the rich onion gravy and the fork-tender patties.

For this recipe, and step-by-step photos - go to:
www.changeabletable.com ("full house" tab)

No comments:

Post a Comment