Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Hearty Ground Beef Gumbo - homestyle standby for busy days...





As the temperature rises, and we are spending more time outside - the motivation to make a decent main dish tends to wane. This is what my married kids call a “budget-friendly” recipe... I just call it a smart choice for dinner on-the-fly when I don’t want to make a trip to the store for things I may never use again in any other recipe. Mild flavored, filling, fix-and-forget - what more could you ask for?

I love a recipe I can prepare in a multitude of ways... I first used this recipe when we were building our own home and we spent every possible hour of daylight there making use of our time. I would make this in an electric fry pan, cover it well, wrap it in a big blanket, and take it to the unfinished house with paper plates and plastic forks. We would then spread out the blanket, cover everyone in napkins, and enjoy our one-dish meal. It’s been a favorite ever since.

Fancy it's NOT, but you'll love this quick main dish...
For recipe & step-by-step photos - go to:
www.changeabletable.com ("full house" tab)

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know Campbell's made a gumbo soup. It looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete