Monday, January 23, 2012

Cinnamon Pretzels



If you are hunkered down inside avoiding the cold, watching sports, or finally reading that book you haven’t had time for - these sugary/salty snacks should be your new winter companion.  They take all of 30 minutes to make and smell heavenly as they bake.  The dark glistening sugar will tempt you.


After all the heavy holiday treats, it’s nice to find one that is just enough to satisfy your sweet tooth - but won’t ruin your New Year’s Resolutions.  

Since they are fast to put together, these make a great weekend snack when you don’t want to take the time for something complicated.  

I changed the preparation a bit to make it easier.  I tossed them in a large bowl before spreading them out on a baking pan.  That was a lot less mess than mixing them IN the pan.

There are microwave directions, which I'll try soon.  Next time I’m going to use half real butter and half vegetable oil for a different flavor.

You'll find the recipe at:

1 comment:

  1. AAH - I can't believe I get to leave the first comment! This sounds like a terrific idea - love the sweet/salty snacks. And so easy! SO glad I came across you today.

    ReplyDelete